It was a busy week in first grade! Students practiced how to write vertical math problems with dominoes. First graders also learned about nouns and wrote their own version of If You Take a Mouse to School. Next week all first graders will take the MAP test. Please be sure your child has headphones for testing next Wednesday and Friday. See the parent letter for more information.
Save the Date
Thank you to the following people for volunteering to drive/chaperone: Mrs. Bergman and Ms. McVay. If I have missed anyone or you are interested in joining us on November 18th for our field trip to the Seattle Art Museum, please let me know. As you can see I will need a lot more drivers or we can’t go!
Spelling tests will be on Fridays. Students who have pictures and words will be tested on spelling the ten words only. Students who have words will be tested on ten words from the list. Thank you for practicing at home!
Questions to Ask
– What is a noun?
– Can you show me a vertical math problem?
– When is a time you felt God’s presence?
-Star Dolphin is Max for the week of September 26.
–Please bring your child’s emergency bag to school as soon as you can!
-Remember to sign your child’s homework so I know you looked over it before he/she turns it in.
-Volunteers in the classroom will start the first week of October. I will send the link for volunteering next week.
-We have a class mass with our buddies on Wednesday, September 28 at 8:30. You are welcome to join us.
– print my uppercase and lowercase letters. L.1.1
– use context clues to help me understand a new word or words. L.1.4
– follow rules for discussions and talk with others. SL.1.1
– write to tell a story. W.1.3
– help my class write. W.1.7
– retell a story. RL.1.2
– use words and pictures to help me tell about the characters, setting, and plot. RL.1.7
– read and understand first grade fiction. RL.1.10
– use strategies to solve addition word problems. 1.OA.1
– use the commutative property of addition. 1.OA.3
– count to help me add and subtract. 1.OA.5
– add facts within 20. 1.OA.5
– know what an equal sign means. 1.OA.7
– tell how many tens and how many ones are in a number. 1.NBT.2
– use manipulatives and pictures to help me solve problems within 100. 1.NBT.4
– find 10 more or 10 less in my head. 1.NBT.5
– We are Christ-centered people.
– We are active learners.
– We are empowered disciples.