May 15, 2020 (Day #156)
Remember these times are a suggestion, not a requirement. The goal is 1-2 hours of work.
- I can use spelling patterns to help me spell words. Take your spelling test and remember your patterns.
8:30-9:00 Morning Message (Video) with Eden, our Star Dolphin!
Materials Needed: Ocean Log, Easter Path, pencil box
Dolphin Sharing Corner
Mae is sharing her weekend with Bob the dolphin. Here are the pictures she took below.
9:00-9:15 Spelling Test
Materials needed: Notebook, pencil (parent will need spelling list)
You will need to head your paper like we do at school (name, date, number 1-10)
Parent says word, uses it in a sentence, says word again.
When finished, parent corrects it. The score will be recorded on the Weekly Check in form I provided on my website.
Mrs. Costa and Mrs. Pinsoneault’s Group
Mrs. Jessup’s Group
- Bonus words: annoy, noise (extra points if get right)
Miss Brito’s Group
9:15-9:45 Daily 5 Read to Someone or CATCH UP time from the week
This is a fun time to “Face time” a classmate or family member and read together. You can choose from the following ways to read to someone:
- Check for understanding. You share one book and take turns reading it. One reads a page or two and when he is finished the other person “checks for understanding”. This means you retell what happened in the story (who, what, where). Then the other person reads a page or two…
- Fluency Practice: If you have older brothers or sisters, this might be the choice for you. One reads a page out loud showing good fluency (taking breaks for periods, commas, using voice). The other then reads the same page.
- Read 2 different Books: This is perfect if you are facetiming a friend or family member. You both get out good fit books and take turns reading a page or two of your own book.
No reading assignments today!
Do you need to catch up on your Habitat Report? Click on this link for all the videos: https://grade1b.st-johnschool.org/habitat-report-videos/
Break Time: Go outside or do the dance below!
10:00-10:30 Mrs. Jessup’s Zoom Meeting
Check email for link if you want to join! Today we will give compliments or ask Eden questions about her sharing, and dance to her favorite song.
10:30-11:00 Growth Mindset: Having it every day! (Optional)
Materials needed: Growth mindset posters
How can we use growth mindset each day? Watch the video and then pick a poster to color. Hang it up to remind you how awesome you are!
Watch the video: https://ideas.classdojo.com/f/growth-mindset-5/0GrowthMindsetPoster1
Growth mindset poster2
Find a quiet spot for prayer and play this song, “Saturn”
11:00-12:00 Lunch and Break
12:00-12:30 Quiet Time
You can rest, draw a picture, write in a journal, do a puzzle, or read quietly
Materials needed: Rosary book
Today we will finish our rosary book with the Glorious Mysteries: Glorious Mystery Lesson
Pray with Mrs. Costa: Prayer Video
I Can Only Imagine: https://safeYouTube.net/w/fZ8E
Materials needed: Red Math workbook pages 647-650
Watch video with Mrs. Costa on circles: Chapter 9: Lesson 3 Video
1:30 Snack, Story time, and Break
It’s story time with our counselor Ms. Shaw! Check this link and pick a story.
2:00-3:00 Fun Friday
Go outside, play games, bike ride, hike, paint, draw, put together puzzles, plant a seed… etc
3:00 All School Mass
-Friday’s 3 pm Remote School Liturgy will be livestreamed on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/StJohnSeattle/ This is a special opportunity to gather in prayer as our school community.all school remote mass 5-15-20 pdf
Please fill out the Friday form! Thank you!