What happened to December? The students have completed almost four months of first grade! The students sang like angels in Thursday’s Christmas Program. We also wrapped up learning about 20 countries in our Christmas Around The World Unit. Now we are ready to celebrate at our International Christmas Luncheon!
Christmas Luncheon on Monday
Please bring your food (labeled with name of dish and country) to the classroom by 10:30. If your child has any allergies, please bring a special dish for him/her. If your dish is: peanut free, tree nut free, palm oil free, coconut free, and pumpkin free, please put a note on your dish. We will eat our special lunch in Miss Feeney’s room and the food will be set out in Mrs. Peoples’ room. We would like the parents who volunteered to set up to come to the classroom by 10:15. This is a big undertaking and we appreciate all of your help to make it possible! This lunch will take the place of regular lunch/hot lunch of the day. Please still send a separate snack for later in the day. Your child may wear free dress-Christmas best for this day (remember to wear/bring shoes for P.E.)!
Christmas Read In
We will be having a “Christmas Read In” this Tuesday. Have your children bring their favorite Christmas books (please label with your name) and their favorite stuffed animals for a special cozy Christmas reading time!
Please notify me if you know your child will be absent during any of the days before Christmas break. We have lots of Christmas activities, gifts, and celebrations and I want to plan accordingly to make sure as many students as possible are included. Thanks!
Questions to Ask
– How can you show generosity during this time of year?
– What can you tell me about Christmas in Taiwan? Mexico? U.S.A.?
– Star Dolphin for the week of January 8th is Charlotte
– Christmas Luncheon Monday, December 18th
– Noon dismissal Wednesday, December 20th
– spell first grade words. L.1.2
– sort words into categories and tell why they belong there. L.1.5
– follow rules for discussions and talk with others. SL.1.1
– speak and write in complete sentences. SL.1.6
– help my class write. W.1.7
– revise and edit my writing. W.1.5
– publish my writing. W.1.6
– understand how words in a story can tell about feelings and the senses. RL.1.4
– read and understand first grade fiction. RL.1.10
– tell the number of syllables in words. RF.1.2
– use digraphs and vowel pairs to help me read. RF.1.3
– count to help me add and subtract. 1.OA.5
– subtract facts within 20. 1.OA.6
– tell how many tens and how many ones are in a number. 1.NBT.2
– use manipulatives and pictures to help me solve problems within 100. 1.NBT.4
– find 10 more or 10 less in my head. 1.NBT.5
-tell about people, places, and things. SL.1.4
-engage in discussions to learn about how families live around the world. 5.3.1
– We are Christ-centered people.
– We are active learners.
– We are empowered disciples.